Hey, neighbors! Gabriela Couvillion here with your brand new copy of San Antonio Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny and very hot. High: 91 Low: 64.
Here are the best stories in San Antonio today:
- The Pearl partners and San Antonio Street Art Initiative (SASAI) are collaborating on a new mural project that will feature the work of five San Antonio Street artists. The participating artists are Vega, Eva Marengo Sanchez, Matt Tumlinson, Nik SoupÃ¨ and SCOTCH. The group will create âa mural that refers to the community as well as to the Pearls historical presence in San Antonio. “The goal is” to beautify the underground passage between Broadway and Avenue A“and” create a space for transformation between Broadway and the heart of pearl. “The project has already started and should be completed early November. (MySA.com)
- Barbacoa, tortillas and Big red, Oh my! Country music group Plains Cavalry wanted to get barbacoa tacos and Big red before their Friday performance at Floore Country Store, so they asked San Antonio for their barbacoa recommendations. The San Antonio community, being the experts of good barbacoa, gladly offered its suggestions. Some of the favorites were “Del Rio Tortilla Factory, Celorio, Papi’s Barbacoa, Tommy’s one, Benny’s Tacos, Taqueria La Tapatia, Rocky’s Taco House, and Garcia’s. “For a delicious barbacoa and Big red, venture to one of these great restaurants in town. Who knows you might stumble upon Plain Cavalry members before their next big show! (mySanAntonio.com)
- Some of you may already know what your children will be used for Halloween, but do you know what the local trick-or-treat customs are here in San Antonio? Numerous San Antonio newcomers asked “what day and what time is a trick-or-treat?” While people born and raised here may find this question a little odd, it is actually legitimate, as there are actually certain rules in other cities. In San Antonio, the youngest start early, around 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m., while the older ones wait until 7 p.m. or later, and this usually ends around 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. no light has none. âSure, some neighborhoods and communities have extra tips or treats throughout October, but these guidelines are pretty universal for the San Antonio zone on Halloween night. âSo now that your questions have been answered, it’s time to prepare for a Happy Halloween! (KSAT San Antonio)
- I don’t know what to do on Friday night? What would you say “An evening with Mykal Kilgore & Jamison Ross? ” Mykal Kilgore, the Grammy appointed R&B artist, will perform at Jo from San Antonio Long Theater Carver Community Cultural Center at 8 p.m. on Friday, October 8. There is no better way to end the week than with some great music on a Friday night! For more information on tickets visit: (KENS5.com)
- Who is ready for some Hot Rods and Harleys? The Show and shine event, presented by Caliente Harley Davidson, will take place on Saturday 9 October at 7230 NO Loop 410. Registration will take place at 9 a.m. and judging will begin at 2 p.m. âAll makes and models welcome,â but please do not bring large trailers or car carriers as there is no room. Besides the auto show, there will be live music, food trucks and fun competitions. The cost of admission is $ 20. Profits are donated to a local charity. To purchase tickets visit: (Events in South Africa)
From our sponsor:
- San Antonio Spurs: “Thank you Pau! Congratulations on an illustrious career and good luck in your next chapter.” (Instagram)
- San Antonio Spurs: Twelve business leaders from the San Antonio area, including Spurs Sports & Entertainment CEO RC Buford, have joined forces to form Corporate Partners for Racial Equity with a mission to improve racial equity in the community . (Facebook)
- San Antonio Rodeo: âIt’s National 4-H Week, all of you! Each year, the rodeo welcomes thousands of 4-H students from South Texas to show off their talents. “(Instagram)
- San Antonio’s pets are alive! : “These puppies need your help! Our fourth Headin ‘Home of 2021 takes off to Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 12, and two members of the rescue team will be leading these precious puppies!” (Instagram)
- Visit San Antonio: âLearn all that San Antonio does to keep our community and our visitors safe! Do your part by keeping up to date with our city’s current response ahead of your trip. ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start Thursday on the right foot. See you tomorrow morning for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Gabriela Couvillion
About Me: I am an active mom of two grown sons and a longtime San Antonio resident. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my spare time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any news and events that you think our readers might like!
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming San Antonio Daily? Contact me at [email protected]